Thursday, August 23, 2007

3rd Post of the Day!

Well we have made it through the first week of having to be at school from 8:30-2:30 all 3 days. We are exhausted! At least the kids and I are. I had 3 workdays this week training and getting my room ready for meet the teacher conferences. All is going well. The teacher who had my room before me left most of her stuff in great condition and ready to go. So that's been a great help. Tues and Wed Abby had no nap. So that was really fun. She went to bed at 7 last night and I had to wake her up at 7:45 this morning, while at the same time trying to drag Nathan out of bed. Next week will be easier. Nathan starts Kinder on Tues. and I only have to work 2 half days with conferences. So we can get home for Abby to nap.

I had Nathan's meet the teacher conference today. We already know his teachers because they were his PreK teachers, but it made it a little more real for him to go out and see the room and explore all the new stuff they have out in kindergarten. One of the biggest changes is that they are going to call the teachers by their last names instead of first names. Apparently that's the kindergarten way. It's going to be quite different for all of us who knew them last year. I can't believe Nathan is entering his school years already. Where did my baby boy go? He still likes to snuggle with mommy every night. So I'm going to hold onto that as long as I can!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So, you're going back to work?!! Where have I been? You have been staying at home, haven't you? You'll have to send me an email update! Good luck starting school. We've already been at it for a week!

Kylie said...

I'm so glad things went smoothly! I've been wanting to call, but thought you might be a little crazy. Good luck next week as Nathan goes to school. I can't believe school is starting, and Nathan is in K!!!! Have fun.

Jen said...

Have a good restful weekend! The first week back is always the hardest. Can't wait to hear about Nathan's first day of K!!

Lana said...

I am glad your first week went well. You will have to tell me how working goes. I may try to teach the preschool route next year.

TriSara said...

Kindergarten! That is such a big day. Be brave!

Kristen said...

It was good to officially meet you today. Hope all goes well with teaching. Hope we run into each other more!