Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Week!

We have had a great week celebrating all we have to be thankful for. The kids and I have been off all week from school and we have had so much fun! I am definitely thankful for a week off from work.

Last weekend we spent Saturday afternoon at the Gaylord with my in-laws. We had a fun lunch and a great time taking in all the fun decorations and activities there. We saw Mrs. Claus and a reindeer. We also saw Santa, but neither of the kids were ready to sit and have their picture made. The kids also had a blast with the balloon guy. He made Nathan this cool Santa had and he made Abby a flower and ladybug bracelet. We also tried to take some pics for a Christmas card, but were unsuccessful. After this all afternoon activity we went to Saturday night church and then out to dinner with our Georgia friends who were on their way to Midland. Nathan and Abby had so much fun with Ansley and Char-Char!

Tuesday we had a playdate with some friends from school at the park and McDonalds. It was a warm 85 degrees, but very windy this day. Wednesday we went to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium with Mrs. Shelley, Marshall, and Drew. Perfect movie day since the was down into the 50's. We have had the craziest weather week! On a side note about movies, Clay and I watch Evan Almighty one night and it is good. The movie itself is just alright, but the message is awesome! We can change the world with our random acts of kindness.


Thanksgiving day started out early and cold! I headed down to run the 10k at the Fort Worth Turkey Trot. It was about 38 degrees when I left the house and only about 40 when I got home. It was a cold morning, but a great day for a run! Then we had dinner with my other set of in-law's here in Fort Worth. Only about half the family was here, but we still had a very good sized gathering. The craziest thing about this afternoon was that it snowed!!!


Nathan made a "snow catcher" out of some foil.

That's one cold little girl!
Even the big kids had fun in the snow.
Cousin Brady, Aunt Shelby, & Cousin Bryan


One of my favorite days of the break was Friday. Clay had to work and the kids and I stayed home ALL day. We made a fort, played, & I got the laundry done and put away! Then we went to the Shake's house to have some yummy taco soup and play games. It was a great day!
Our kids today at church with the Shake boys.


Another unsuccessful attempt today after church to take some Christmas card pics. Why must this be so difficult!?!








7 comments:

Jen said...

Sooo good to see you and the kids! Thanks again for being our taxi :)

Brooks Inc. said...

Anita-

Ok- I loved all of the pictures you took...your kids are precious!

Oh- the stresses of Christmas cards, every year I tell myself that we will not do it again until the boys are teenagers.

Sure love you-

BJB

Ginger said...

I think the pictures looked great. You should use them!

Holly said...

Your pictures are great! Wasn't the snow crazy!! I wondered about you Thursday morning out running, glad it was fun.

Kendra said...

I just need to know what your expectations are, here??? Both pictures were GREAT - your card with either one of those would be welcome on the Vaughn family refrigerator anytime!! Just send it out already! he!

Lana said...

Looks like yall had a great Thanksgiving holiday!!We too did pictures at the Gaylord in an attempt for Cards. I was so tired and beat down by the end that I did a photo collage and hope some will work.

Monica said...

OK I must confess, when I saw Nathans santa hat I thought, holy cow that thing is still around. Then it hit me that was probably not a picture from today. My brain is a little slow!!! :) We are having Christmas card picture trouble too. It is hard for us to all be together looking ok and awake.