Here are a few funny things that Nathan has said or done over the last few months.
- A few months ago we got a new to us Honda Pilot. I absolutely love it! One day the kids and I were walking out to get in the car and Nathan blurts out of nowhere, "I Love the Honda Pilot!" Since then he points out all other Pilots and most other Hondas. He's very into the different types of cars. My brother-in-law, Matthew, or Maf as we call him, has a Honda Civic. So that's another car he's interested in. One day we pulled up behind a Ford Focus and he says that's like Maf's car. I said no that's a Ford and Maf drives a Honda. Nathan quickly responds by telling me, "Maf drives a Honda CIVIC!" Don't know how he picks up on all these things. He also likes to find Fords since we used to drive a Ford.
- Over the last few days I've been trying to do full-fledged sit-ups to get ready for swimsuit season. Yes, it's swimsuit season even though it rains everyday. So I get Nathan to help me by holding onto my feet. Well apparently I make some interesting faces when I am sitting up. Because he has pointed it out to me a few times. A couple nights ago we were excersising and when I sit up I sit up to Nathan making the funniest little face at me. He's started mimicking exactly what I am doing every time I sit up. I was laughing so hard at him I could not even keep going.
- Last night we went to Blockbuster and Nathan walked by the drop off slot and picks up the little flap and starts talking down into it. He's standing there outside Blockbuster yelling down into the drop box saying, "Hello in there!"
- This morning we drive up at church and he says, "It's great to be at church!" What a blessing that he enjoys being there so much and learning to love the Lord.
Nathan is the sweetest little 5 year old I know. He has such a kind and innocent heart. Loves his sister and his friends. He is a pure joy to Clay and I. Thank you God for this little heart and help us to help him grow to love you more everyday.
7 comments:
Thanks for the little dose of. I like when the Pilot was new and he asked if it had a mouth. It still makes me laugh.
WE LOVE Nathan, Too! Precious boy! You and Clay are doing a great job raising him!
I'm loving those Nathan stories. Kids say the cutest things. He is so observant. Looks like summer is off with a bang!
LOVE those stories. He is so funny! Can't wait til tomorrow where we can hear some more "Clay-isms"!
What cute stories! He is such a sweet boy and I can't believe how big he's getting. Hope to see you guys soon!
Sit Ups..... that is what you do for swim suit season??? What a great thing, to have a kid to hold your feet. I will have to remember that one. This year I am walking to the corner and back to prepare for swim suit season. : )
It's so great that you're writing all this stuff down. Not only will he be able to read it later, but YOU'LL actually remember! It's amazing how quickly we forget things. What a sweet, sweet boy. He sure does love his mama!
Post a Comment