Friday, May 11, 2007

Kindergarten Here We Come!


Last Wednesday night, Nathan had his school program. It was precious. Every year at the program, we never know what to expect out of him. The first 2 years he just stood there scared to death. Last year he did sing, but did all the hand motions to the songs really low so you couldn't see them. This year he chose to bite in his cheeks and sing like that and then do the motions low, but maybe a little higher than last year. He's so funny about when he chooses to have stage fright. They did a great job his class sang Jack-and-Jill and then the entire Pre-K sang Lord I Lift Your Name on High followed by Kindergarten Here We Come. Not sure how I feel about him singing a song so excitedly about going to Kindergarten, but I think we'll make it. We've got a fun summer ahead before we have to deal with that, though.





Here's Nathan with his sweet friends Ansley and Charlotte after the program. He LOVES these girls! They are moving to Atlanta in a week. Nathan's answer to them moving was we would just go visit them on an airplane. Please pray that he won't be too sad when he realizes that it's not just quite that easy to jump on an airplane and jet off to Atlanta. It's going to be an adjustment not see them almost every day. He and Ansley have grown up together since Nathan was about 6 or 7 months old. She has been such a fixture in his little life. We love you girls!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can't belive Nathan is almost going to Kindergarten. Where does the time go? He looks like such a big boy in those pictures. Have a good weekend.

Chesley said...

I am so glad to find your blog! Thanks for sharing tonight at church. I loved looking at all of your pictures. I remember having Nathan in Bible Class when he was a toddler. I can't believe he is going to kindergarten! It seems like we just had him in class!