Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Going to be an Aunt, but my Sister is a Liar!

My sister, Marcia, and I had planned to finally run a race together on April 28th, the Fort Worth Zoo Run Run. We were so excited after months of schedules and stuff to run this 10k together. Well, the Thursday night before the race she calls me and says she can't come. She's been trying to get pregnant for over a year now and has been working with a fertility doctor and all that stuff. So she tells me she can't come to the race because she has to go in for some blood work on Saturday, race day. I have to say I was pretty upset that she wasn't coming. My other friend who was going to run with me adopted a baby two days before the race and moved into a new house. So she was out. Now Marcia is out, I'm running alone and not happy about it. I did it though and had alot of fun. My time was around 58 minutes and 30 seconds. I was really proud of myself, but still upset that Marcia didn't make it.

The week after the race we are all at my mom and dad's and Marcia is pulling out souvenirs out of a bag from her trip to San Fransisco and she gets this funny look on her face as she pulls the last thing out. I asked her, "What is it? A million dollars or something?" She says, "Almost" and pulls out her first sonogram picture!!! I am completely shocked. Our whole family is! Turns out, she found out the week of our race that she was pregnant and that's why she completely lied about not being able to come to the race. I think she ended up going to the mall that day!

Since then, I have totally forgiven her for lying to me and cannot wait to hold this little blessing in my arms. God is so awesome! Marcia was just about to start serious fertility stuff at any time and God gave them this sweet baby out of the blue. Amazing!!! She is due Jan. 1. Next week they are going back for another sonogram. Please pray for a healthy pregnancy and for my niece or nephew to be a healthy baby and almost as cute as his cousins!!!


Marcia and Matthew with Nathan and Abby. May 2006.
We love you guys!

7 comments:

Marcia said...

Almost as cute??? You don't think my baby can be as cute as your kids?

Anita said...

Your baby can definitely be as cute. I am just a little prejudiced, though.

Kellee said...

You will love being an aunt and you will be a great one, I'm sure!! Anthony posted again on my "jeans post" and called you out! He thinks he's so funny :)

Tiffany said...

She is a liar! She was supposed to come and eat dinner with me on the way to see you and bailed! I guess we can forgive her, though...she did have a good excuse!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful story!!! I'm so happy for Marcia (and for your family, too). How wonderful! You're funny about the race thing. Who knew you could last so long on your own?!! (I did!) You always did like sidekicks, didn't you?!! Hope you're doing well. I'm finally back to blog-reading. Yea!

Kendra said...

You get to be an aunt to your sister's baby just like ME! Fun fun fun. Spoil them, then hand them back to Mama! Congratulations . .

Kim said...

Fuuny story. Being an aunt will be so fun and it will be fun for you to spoil her little one.