Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Glimpse into our Week


Abby has found the hard hat. She loves to wear hats. Doesn't matter what kind they are. They usually turn out to be Nathan's hats or caps. I think she needs some girl dress up clothes to mix in with all of the boy stuff around here. Funny story about this hat. Last year, Nathan decided that he wanted to get Clay a hard hat for his birthday. He came up with this idea all on his own. I don't know where it came from, but we had to go to Home Depot and get Clay a hard hat. He also wanted to get Clay a hunting dog, but we only got the hat.



Tuesday afternoon we went to the hospital in Grapevine to visit our friends Daren and Kylie Miller and their new baby boy, Manning. On the way home I spotted this patch of Bluebonnets that was easily accessible and not life-threatening. I have been trying to get a picture of my kids in the bluebonnets for the last 5 years, but we don't really have just a ton of them up here and when we see do see them there are usually 18-wheelers buzzing by and crazy drivers. So I jumped at the opportunity. Didn't really get any great pictures, but I did it!



Today was Trike-a-Thon day at Nathan's school. Nathan took his scooter. I would have loved for him to take his Batman Bicycle, but he's not quite ready yet. We have taken the training wheels off and it is turning out to be quite frustrating for both Nathan and myself. I took him to ride on the soccer fields yesterday so he could have a soft landing, but he still is just not very determined to learn how to do this. I guess we just need to keep practicing and I know he'll get it, but does anyone have any magic bike riding tips?

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I love the one of Abby in the hard hat!

Kendra said...

No tips on the training wheel thing . .I can't imagine Tyler with no "supports"!! Yikes!! Colby doesn't even want to ride his big bike right now because he had one bad fall, so it must be the fault of the bike. I think we'll be just fine with training wheels for now! ha!