We arrive in Houston to find Matthew laid out flat on his back after throwing it out at work on Wed. My parents came earlier than they had originally planned to keep Mallory while Marcia went back to work on Thursday afternoon. The fun keeps on going, though.
Friday morning, while Marcia is working, my mom and I load up all the kids and head out to the new outlet mall. This was fun! The kids were all so good and happy for us. When we got home, we put Mallory to bed and when she woke up she was running a fever of 104.3!!! Scary! By this time Marcia is home and she and Matthew, whose back is better, head off to the after hours doctor. It was not the usual fever things. So they drew blood, took urine, and poked her all over. All that to say it was just a virus. Pesky viruses.
Saturday morning, we wake up and Abby has a fever. She is usually the one who always gets sick when we are together. So it wasn't too shocking. She has been on Motrin since Sat and whenever it wears off her fever spikes again. Needless to say she and I are headed to the Dr. here in a little bit. I don't know what I am going to do with this girl and her fevers. Luckily she functions pretty normal while she's on Motrin and keeps on going.
Saturday was the day of the wedding. When Abby woke up with the fever I decided I would just come on home, but then my dad stepped up to the rescue. He and my mom had gone to the rehearsal dinner the night before. So he said he would stay home with Abby. Nathan had been dreading going to the wedding all week, he stayed home too. Matthew stayed home with Mallory and mom, Marcia, & I headed off to the wedding. It was so fun! We got to visit with so many people that we have known most of our lives. Thanks, Dad!
Sunday the kids and I got up, packed up, and headed home to see Clay. He was eagerly awaiting our arrival. We went out to dinner when we got home and had a great time all being back together.
Even though it didn't turn out to be the weekend we had planned on we still managed to make some sweet memories and have fun with all our kids.
There was no keeping these two out of Mallory's bath Saturday night. They have really been looking forward to the day Mallory could sit up with them in the tub.
Abby LOVES her Mallory!
9 comments:
Oh boy what a weekend! Sorry about all that, but I am glad it's better.
Good job recapping all the fun! Evven with all the bumps, it was still a great weekend with yall.
Nathan is going to love us someday for his picture in the tub with his sister and cousin!
Fevers stink!!! Why do kids always get sick at the worst times like trips!! How scary for little Malories fever to be so high! Poor baby getting poked on just for a virus.
man! You guys handled all that VERY well! Isn't is so awesome to have a family that will step up like that! Hope you are all better now.
Oh WOW!! That was an eventful weekend. I am glad yall are all back to normal:) Cute cousins in the tub, how sweet that they loveMallory so much.
Wow! How crazy! Hope everything calms down for you guys.
Oh my goodness! Crazy times huh? Sorry to hear about Clay's truck, where was it......in Dallas or at your house? That stinks......hope you all get back into the swing of things soon, no fevers and new computers!
You keep that road to Houston burnin' pretty good . . but I'd be the same way if my sister and cute little niece lived away from me. Glad you guys are having a good summer!
Post a Comment