Sunday, May 4, 2008

Finally a Post!!!

I just realized what time it is and should totally being going to sleep, but I have been receiving SO much grief about not updating my blog I am making myself do this. We have been super busy this past month with school, sickness, unpacking, trips, and lots of fun times!



We started out the month with a trip to the zoo with our Georgia friends. This was so fun for Nathan. I can not stand birds, so I NEVER let him go in the area where the birds fly all around you. This time he got to go in with the other moms. He, as you can tell, really enjoyed it. Luckily our zoo pass is almost expired. So I won't have to have this battle when we go next.



In other wildlife news, Nathan caught a snake out in our yard a few weeks back. I can not believe he is holding this thing. He really is growing into a outdoorsy, get dirty, tree-climbing boy. We also have a armadillo in our backyard. I think he is living under our shed. Nathan and Clay decided they are going to set a trap for it. Of course Abby wants to get in out that too.



Here is our princess in PINK! She is becoming borderline obsessive with the color pink. She likes Lucky Charm cereal, but calls it Pink cereal. I think she calls it that because all she really eats are the pink marshmallows. Here she is in her pink room before bed one night. Dee(my mom) gave her this pink gown for Christmas because she said I had one just like it when I was little. Abby loves the gown! I thought it looked so big when she got it and really can't believe it fits her already.



Last weekend, Clay went to Montana and Nathan went to Fossil Rim with Grandad and MiMi. So Parsh and Mallory came up to spend the weekend with Abby and I. We had a fun girl weekend. Abby is absolutely in love with Mallory. She wanted to help change her, bathe her, and anything else she could get her nose into. I'm not sure she understands personal space yet, though. She was all up in Mallory's business. Precious cousins! We can't wait to see the trouble Abby gets Mallory into.


Stay tuned for pics from the Montana Prairie Dog hunt and our upcoming kindergarten graduation!!!

7 comments:

Marcia said...

A new post, yay!!!!! I needed that this monday morning. I can't belive Nathan went in the bird house. Just the thought of it makes it a little hard for me to breathe.
I'm glad you got some pictures of last weekend, since I didn't get any. I love Mallory's "I'm not so sure about this face" when Abby is holding her. Those two are going to be best buds!

Brady J Banta, MD said...

Finally! Hopefully the montana prairie dog pics are coming and you're not just teasing. I'm also anxiously awaiting my T-shirt. I need some new stuff to wear to church.

Tiffany said...

Yay! A new post! BTW, what is the deal with you and Marcia and birds?;)

Monica said...

Great post. I was getting board with the other one. You mean mom not taking Nathan into the bird area. : ) That snake NOT OK!! It is huge. I would have crushed it's head after my son wasn't looking. I don't care what kind of snake it is... I don't like it! Keep us updated on the armadillo. Sounds like you moved to the country. Your little niece is precious. She is getting so big!!

Brady J Banta, MD said...

still waiting.......

Jen said...

What///he is holding a snake. Oh, my..you are a good boy mom! Abby looks so sweet in her pink gown!

Holly said...

I am glad you are still around in the blog world! I was beginning to wonder if you had quit, glad you haven't. Just think, Abby could be obsessed with Baby Einstein!