Last Saturday Clay spent the entire morning cleaning out our garage. It was a huge task that even though it was SO hot that morning had to be done. There was no more putting it off. Well while he was cleaning he found some really fun stuff. One of the funniest things he found was a box labeled "Junk from Drawer". This was a box that got packed when we were preparing to move out of our house in Houston in Jan of 2001. If I'm not mistaken the stuff came out of our kitchen drawer at the desk area and was most of seems to be from 1999 and 2000. I was about 7 mos pregnant with Nathan and was not much of a packer at all and apparently didn't care what was packed where. So my mom did the majority of the packing, but I did the labeling. There were some great pictures of some dear friends in this box. I first of all have to apologize to those of you who were in a box labeled "Junk from Drawer" and second of all have to apologize for putting your "dated" pictures on my blog, but they were just too fun not to share. Here goes with all the fun things I found in this box!
Bryan and Kim with their first baby Hannah.

Me from '77 or '78. Looks so much like what Abby looks like right now.

I hope there are some more 1 year olds from 1976 whose parents wanted to have them pose in the Betsy Ross costume to celebrate the Bicentennial of our country. Why?

Kim and Derek's engagement photo from 1999. Y'all sure have changed ALOT!

Kara and Mat with their Wyatt for his first Christmas. They now have 2 more kids in their family. I also found Wyatt's sweet birth announcement.
The year Marcia went to Harding I went to visit her and we spent one of the days driving to Memphis to visit Graceland. It was so fun!

Brady and Vicki with Riley and Hallie. They now have 3 more kids to add to their family. Yep that's 5 kids!!! You guys are such a sweet family and we are so blessed to call you our friends.

Meredith's wedding from Dec. 2000.
Me, Meredith, and Trinette

Mere getting ready for her big day!
12 comments:
I don't think I've ever seen the Betsy Ross picture of you before. Thanks for giving me something fun to look at this afternoon!
Those pictures made me smile. We all looked so young. Those pictures of you as a little girl are too cute! Thanks for sharing!
Memory lane is so fun. Pete laughs at me for taking so many pictures, but down the road they are so great to look at. It also reminds you how old you are getting :(
Those are great!! I can't believe how young everyone looks.
Those pictures are too funny. I had to laugh about the Betsy Ross picture. That was hysterical. Maybe you should dress Abby to keep the family tradition going. : ) You never know what you might find in the famous "junk from drawer box". I think everyone has a junk drawer in the kitchen. Well, at least I want to think everyone has one so I will feel better about mine. : )
What a fun little collection you found there!! I love looking at old pics . .
Those are hilarious! Everyone looks so young. "junk from the drawer" sounds like it should come from my house, not yours. You never know what you might find in the garage 6 years after a move!!!! How's work going? I've been thinking about ya'll on Tues, Wed and Thurs. Have a great week.
Oh what treasures we find! I have been finding lots of junk drawers as I go through the boxes that I labeled "basement". I love the Betsy Ross pic...to funny!
I hope she does "pop out". That seems a lot easier than what I suspect is really going to happen!!
I showed the kids and they thought is was so cool that you did that! A very cute idea. It may come back to get you!!!! Miss you!
I have been meaning to comment on this post forever. I loved it. This was very creative. Loved seeing all the pictures : ) How Fun
OK I am ready for some news from It's a Wonderful Life. What is going on with my little friend? I miss her.
Post a Comment