Saturday, September 8, 2007

Abby's First Day at Preschool!

Abby started going to her class in the Orange Room this week at Discovery School. She did a great job! Every morning I drop her off in childcare for the teacher's kids at 8:30 and she gets to play for 30 minutes before they take her to her class at 9:00. I was able to stick my head out my door one morning and see her walking in the line to her class. She looked like such a big girl. The best thing about her classroom is that there is a window that you can observe the kids through without them seeing you. So I did get to see her in action a few times when I was taking my own class out to the playground. They were all sitting together eating their snacks and seemed to be having a great time. Her teachers think she's very serious. I told them to just give her a few weeks and they'll see how funny she really is. Ms. Dana told me that Abby will be playing and playing, but every once in a while she'll come back over and just kind of grab on to Dana for just a second and then she'll go back and play. It's like she just needs to check in for a second. This week was only half days, so no napping at school. We'll see how that goes next week!


This is the Abby they will come to know. She's a really funny girl!

Abby with Ms. Dana and Ms. Angie

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Her teachers must think she's so serious because she's playing with food! We know how important food is to her.
Looks like her forehead wound is almost gone.

Marcia said...

I just noticed your blog is fixed!!!! Way to go...what ever you did.

Lana said...

Oh Abby is so cute. I bet she will love school. YOu will have to tell me how teaching is going. I think I may sub this year and teach next. Not sure yet, just considering it.