Nathan started first grade today! It was a super exciting day for him. The first words out of his mouth this morning were, "I'm a big first grader, I'm a big first grader!" Clay, Abby, & I said good bye to him and the end of his hallway and he just walked on down to his room and was gone. He didn't even look back. I love that he is so confident to go into this new situation and be so brave. I, on the other hand, walked back to the car very teary-eyed. We love his school and feel like he has an excellent teacher. He chose to have pancakes for breakfast this morning and a turkey/cheese sandwich in his lunch. After school we went to celebrate at the snow cone stand with our friends: Dana, Joey, & Jacob. He was very tired when I picked him up and not very talkative, but as the evening has gone on he has shared more and more about his first day. Can't wait to see what the 2nd day holds for him.
7 comments:
I wondered about him several times today! Glad it went well.
I remember being tired after school and not wanting to talk. When my Dad got home from work was the time I was ready to talk. I think it always bugged my Mom!
Didn't even look back??? So good for him, but how sad. I thought of him yesterday... and you too.
What a big boy!!! Glad he had a great first day of school:) This is going to read a comment from MOM but I am on my moms computer and it will not let me enter my name sorry
Lana
Anita....thanks for your words of encouragement today! Savannah did great...mommy is better now.:) I can totally see how 1st grade won't be any easier! That picture of Nathan walking down the hall is so sweet...and sad.
Big grown up boy . . .where did those cute little chubby cheeked 3 year olds go?!? This roller coaster ride is getting to be way fast, you know. Better buckle up tight!!
i love that big 1st grader!
He looks HUGE!!!!! How did this happen?
Abby's birthday looks fun! Happy bday sweet Abbers!
Post a Comment