Nathan's class celebrated the 50th day of school this week with a 50's themed celebration. They had hamburgers and root beer floats at lunch, a sock hop in creative movement, fun times with hula hoops, and counted to 50 all kinds of different ways. They had so much fun! The kids all had huge smiles on their faces the whole day.
Born to Hand Jive, Baby!
Do kids ever get tired of the whole bunny ears thing?
Reading!!! Nathan is becoming a great reader! He really enjoys reading to us every night and singing all the fun poems/songs that they are learning in school. He likes school and doesn't even mind doing his homework. This last week we took his Pizza Hut Book-It coupon and got hime a pizza as a reward for all of his reading. We are so proud of him!
Potty Training!!! The week of Christmas was a big turning point for Abby and the potty. She is doing a great job and suddenly has just decided it's time to use the potty. We have even been venturing out of the house in panties the last few days. She wears her Pull-Up to school and has stayed dry all day. Most of the kids in her class are at the same stage. So they go to the potty ALL day in there. Clay & I are so excited that the end of diapers is in sight for us. Yeah!!!
And of course Mallory Joy or Mallalee as Abby calls her. We have only seen her a short short time on the day she was born, but we love her so much already. The kids always want to look at Marcia's blog to see the pics of Mallory and Parsh and Maf. Abby lets out a big, "Mallalee!" cheer when she sees the pics and anytime we see baby stuff when we are out and about she cheers out for "Mallalee!"
6 comments:
So adorable! Reagan was sad when Abby didn't go with her to class today. As you guys were leaving she was whinning "Abby come." They will have fun together on Friday.
I just created a new post and came over to check out your blog. Weird...my post is eerily similiar. I said in the swing of things and talked about Ansley's reading.
Love Mallalee!!
I could so just eat Abby up. She is SO VERY CUTE!! I bet that potty looks HUGE to her!! It was great to see you tonight. I sure am ready for you to be with your sister. I feel like I totally know her and my heart is hurtings knowing you girls have been a part at a time like this. : )
I love all the pictures and I really love Abby yelling for Mallalee! Any time I can hear her sweet voice is great, but when she's loving my baby its even better.
You sure have been busy. Abby on the potty is the cutest. I am totally dreading potty training Katie, Nathan reading is so awesome. Miss seeing you:)
I like your new blog, it is very fun! 50's day at school is such a cute idea. And Abby, big girl bed and potty, we have a long way to go at our house!
Post a Comment