Sunday, July 15, 2007

Houston Trip!

The kids and I got back Wednesday from our trip to Houston to visit my sister, Marcia. We had a great time! I have the best sister in the world. She cleaned for us, cooked for us, took vacation days for us, and entertained us while we were there. We swam, shopped, ate, visited old friends, played in the sprinkler, and relaxed. So fun! Here's some of the highlights.

Here we are at the end of the day Tuesday night. We were tired, but we needed to document Marcia's first day of wearing maternity clothes. We didn't plan to match, but it turned out great for this pic.






Swimming at the YMCA pool in Marcia's neighborhood.



The pool there was great. Both of the kids were able to play independently in various areas of the pool. So it was really nice. It was also nice to have an extra set of hands there with me to keep up with them both. Abby had so much fun playing in the little splashpad area during adult's swim time. Nathan, however, pouted during adult's swim until he could get back in the pool. What can I say, the boy LOVES to swim.






Here Nathan and Abby are having a little concert for us. This is the piano that Marcia and I spent so many hours practicing on over the years when we were growing up. It is so fun for the kids and we have a really hard time keeping them off of the piano everytime we go there to visit. All I can say is, "Good Luck, Marcia and Matthew when your little one starts exploring the piano!"




Doesn't Abby look cool after one of our Target runs?








We had to visit the play area at the mall before we could come home. The kids had fun even though they don't really look like it here. It's so hard to take a picture of 2 little ones.







Sprinkler fun in Parsh's backyard. We bought this fun hose thing so Nathan could play and we could lay out!


The kids were so good the whole time! They were good while we were there, good on the way, and good on the way back. Here we are celebrating at Dairy Queen on the way home.





Check out Marcia's blog to see some other pictures and more funny stories from our trip.

7 comments:

Marcia said...

Yay!!! I've been waiting for your blog of the trip. A couple pictures aren't working, but maybe that's just me.
Its too bad every Monday and Tuesday can't be that much fun.

Marcia said...

Never mind...they're all working now. I guess it was just me. I didn't even realize that we matched tuesday until now.

Kim said...

I am so glad you had a fun time. Aren't sisters the best? Marcia will be a great mom with all this experience. Awesome pool and great idea to get the hose for Nathan so you could lay out. Looks like everyone has a blast!

TriSara said...

What a great trip! I will have those trips to look forward to after Kara moves. You and Marcia look great!

Jen said...

So fun! I can only pray my girls will be as good of friends as you and Marcia! What a blessing!
I love DQ stops! May need to do that today!

Lana said...

How fun of a trip!!!

Tiffany said...

That swimming pool looks so fun! I'll have to get Marsh to take me next time I visit!