We celebrated our anniversary with a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico with our friends Brady and Vicki. One word to sum up the trip is unbelievable!!!! We left DFW at 7 am Thursday and arrived at our hotel a little before noon. We were a little nervous because check-in time wasn't until 3, but we went ahead and started the check-in process. We are standing there and the girl is helping Clay and I while we see Brady and Vicki walking across the lobby to sit down at a desk. We didn't know what was going on, but just about that time the girl helping us says we need to have a private check-in. We didn't know what that meant and really thought that our vacation was about to go really wrong. Boy were we wrong! So we walk across the lobby to the desk across from our friends, where our new best friend, Christian, proceeds to tell us that our rooms were overbooked. Yes, this sounds really BAD. He follows that sentence up with, "So we have upgraded you to the Presidential Suite." We were totally floored. We were concerned about our friends, but he says they have been upgraded, too. To the other Presidential Suite. There are only 2! The room was fabulous. Absolutely beyond anything we had ever imagined it would be. We even had our own pools on each of our balconies!!! So we didn't even go to the hotel pool until the 3rd day of our trip. All I can say is thank you, God. We asked ourselves several times throughout the 4 days we were gone how this happened, and the only answer is God. God's hands were all over our trip. We had safe travel, fun times, good memories, good friends, good food, and so much more. I have to also say a huge thank you to our families that kept all the kids. What a blessing to not worry about your babies when you are away.
Here are some of the highlights!
Anniversary Dinner!
We actually arrived on our anniversary. So Clay and I enjoyed a great dinner that night after a fun first day at the resort. It was delicious and a great start to the trip.
View from our rooms!
View from our rooms at night.
Day at the Beach. What could be better!!!
Lunch on Friday at Asiana. It was a great restaurant. Probably our favorite. Sushi for those who are into that. I am not. They had a yummy steak, chicken, and shrimp teriyaki that I loved! We at lunch there 2 days.



Dinner at Maria Marie.

This is view of the resort. Our rooms were the ones right there in the middle with the awnings. Ours was the one on the right.
Our Balconies!!!
Shopping Sunday afternoon before we caught the van back to Cancun.
9 comments:
Wow! That looks like the most incredible place! I have heard of people being bumped up like that, but I have never known anyone that actually experienced it. 10 years...that is awesome! Congratulations; I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful trip.
Wow, Anita. Sounds wonderfully delightful and romantic. That's really cool about the presidential suite. And a pool on your balcony?!! Who would have thought?!! Thanks for posting on my blog. I'm finally able to check it again. Take care!
Amazing!!Sounds like you guys were treated like royalty! I am so glad you got to get away and relax a bit. Congrats on 10 years!!
I think I've already told you a few times that I'm very jealous. Anyways, I'm glad you had such a great trip and its ok if you say your Mexico vacation was better than your Houston vacation.
Sounds delightful and congrats on 10 years! Sounds like you had a great time...You're such a hot momma, too!
Awww . . .what an INCREDIBLE vacation!! Wow! I think that is a place that Monica has stayed before and she loved it. Donny and I are talking about our 10 year this coming December and where we might want to take a trip next Spring to celebrate. I'll put this one on the list. Oh, and maybe ask the Lord to "bump" us a little as well. Nice perk!!!
I am glad ya'll had a great time. Sounds very relaxing and it looks beautiful. So cool that you got upgraded! It looks awesome. And you look great in your bathing suit!!
Congratulations on 10 years. That is go great!!
Glad your trip was fun. I am so jealous. Our family quote this summer has been, I wish I was in Mexico. Aric and I love that place. Looks like you had a nice hotel.
How awesome of a trip. Yall look so relaxed. Congrats on 10 years!
Post a Comment