This whole 4th of July in the middle of the week thing has really got me messed up on what day of the week it actually was this past week, but we've had alot of fun. The majority of the week was spent inside watching it rain. No swimming. No waterpark. Just rain. Friday we got to spend some time with our friends Jennifer, Ansley, and Charlotte who moved to Atlanta in May. Nathan and Ansley had a great time together. Just picked up right where they left off 6 weeks ago. Like not a day had passed.
We've had a great week celebrating and ended it last night with a quick trip out to Possum Kingdom Lake for dinner and fireworks. Nathan had a fun time swimming and watching fireworks. They had bumper boats in the pool and I think those were his favorite. He loved spraying everyone. Abby was impressed by the fireworks, but really just had a great time being busy and exploring everything at someone else's house.
Wish I had taken some more pictures of these fun times, but here are some that I did take. The kids and I are headed to Houston in a little bit for a few days of fun with my sister and brother-in-law. Matthew, my brother-in-law, is a police officer and his days off are actually Mon, Tues, and Wed. So we are excited that he will be off to get to play with the kids. Nathan loves his Uncle Maf. I am also excited to see what my sister looks like. She says she's starting to get a little baby pooch!
Abby colored all over herself with green marker one morning. I was unloading the dishwasher and she kept saying the same thing over and over again. When I got over to her I realized she had been saying green. Guess I should have gotten over there sooner.
Nathan playing hockey with his golf club and the wheel off of one of Abby's strollers. He is wearing his winter Spider Man pajama pants. He loves to wear these pants and refuses to wear any of his summer pj's because these are SO comfy.
Abby has fallen in love with berries. Blueberries, strawberries, and black berries. Here she is enjoying some big blackberries. I would put a few on her tray and as soon as I would turn around all I would hear is more, more! I believe this was after our second trip to the farmer's market this week. The kids and I have been going alot and getting all kinds of fresh fruit and veggies.
Our sweet girl!
Friday evening the kids and I went to the mall to do some shopping for my vacation and to eat dinner. I don't know why Clay didn't want to go to the mall on Friday evening!?! As far as Nathan is concerned no trip to the mall is not complete without a cookie and a trip to the play area. Both of these requirements were met on Friday night. Whoever thought of putting these play areas in malls was a genius. Sure does make a much more pleasant shopping experience for all involved.
7 comments:
Sounds like fun! Have a great trip to Houston! I totally agree with Nathan about the mall. Sometimes I have to stop and think whether or not I can go to the mall (can I have more sweets today?) If not, I wait until the next day. It is practically a sin to go and not get a cookie and a LARGE dr pepper!
Abby's green picture reminded me of Tara when she was little. I think the lighting or something made her eyes look really dark.
I wore your black and white dress with flowers this morning and got several comments on my baby pooch.
Now quit blogging and get on the road!
You've posted a couple of fun ones this week! Thanks for the updates for me to read (I'm just sure they are just for me, huh??). Wish I could have seen you guys and the Seimer clan on Friday . . .you guys have a safe and fun trip!
Love all the pics! It was even more fun to see you in person. Love you guys!
I miss big-city malls that have things to occupy kids. The two malls closest to us are Waco and Temple and NEITHER of them have fun, free stuff like that!! Anyway, have fun in your old stopping grounds! Nathan looks so tall in those pictures, and how do you maintain your patience when the kids are ALWAYS into stuff?!! I'm still learning!
Love all the pics! Looks like yall have had lots of fun. We have the same cookie/play area tradition.
Sounds like lots of fun things are going on at your house. Barrett has informed me he needs some pants like Nathan! Hope ya'll had fun in Houston! I know you will.
Post a Comment