Monday, October 13, 2008

Update on our Nathan!

As you can tell school has started and it has majorly cut into my blogging time. I thought I would update on some of the fun things that Nathan is doing right now. For the most part he has adjusted to going to school full time. Some mornings are a little harder than others when we have to get up and he definitely looks forward to his weekends, but all in all 1st grade is going really well for him. He got his first report last Friday and we are so proud of him. He made the Honor Roll!!! I never thought I would be, but I might actually be one of those parents who puts the honor student bumper sticker on our car. Other exciting news for Nathan is that he doesn't have to wear his glasses anymore! A few weeks ago his glasses broke to the point where they were not wearable. So before buying new ones I took him in for a check up. The doctor said the astigmatism has corrected enought that he no longer needs them. Both eyes are working together and he said if that was the first time he had seen Nathan he wouldn't even put him in glasses! Nathan was very unsure about this at first. He said he still wanted to wear the glasses. I guess he had just grown so used to them and felt really comfortable with them. He looks so different and so grown up without them.





Nathan is also still playing golf. He loves it! He goes to golf one afternoon every week with his friend Mikey. He and Mikey were in kindergarten together last year, but they go to different schools now. So this has been a great way for them to keep their friendship going.






Nathan really loves projects. Here is one of his Magnetix projects he did recently. We had to take several pictures of it just in case Abby messed it up. That we he would be able to build it back.


This past weekend, Nathan got to go to Abilene to stay with his Grandad and Mimi. He had a great time and came home completely exhausted. Getting up this morning was tough! They had a great time going to the pottery store, golfing, & going to the Texas Tech football game in Lubbock on Saturday afternoon. They sat in a box at the stadium and Nathan came home with all kinds of Tech gear. I think he really enjoyed it. The game was really exciting and even went into overtime. He is into watching all kinds of sports right now. Golf, baseball, & football. He even slept with some of it last night! Abby has really enjoyed the foam "Guns Up!" finger. She has a great shooting noise she makes when she wears it. Thanks for a great weekend Grandad and Mimi.





6 comments:

TriSara said...

Sounds like Nathan is thriving! First grade is such a huge adjustment. It is real school, unlike kindergarten where they still get to play a lot. So are you home with Abby all day?

Kara said there are plans in the making for a get-together soon. Can I invite myself? I would really love to see you all.

Lana said...

How sweet that Nathan is!! Congrats on Honor Roll. Looks like he had a fun weekend:)

Marcia said...

I'm glad Nathan and Abby are learning the Red Raider ways at such early ways. I'm also glad that you now have 2 "giant foam fingers" in your house. :)

Jen said...

I can't believe that my little Nathan is not so little any more. Honor Roll...wow! I can't wait to show A this blog entry. She will love it!

tami said...

Wow! No glasses. That's great! Love all the pics of Nathan. What a little man.

Holly said...

Yeah for Nathan making the Honor Roll! I will be looking for your bumper sticker!! Great timing for his glasses too!