Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We all went to my mom & dad's for the 4th. Marcia & Mallory were there too, but no Matthew. He had to stay home and fight crime. We sure did miss him, though. Even without him we managed to have a good time. There was golf, swimming, homemade ice cream, golf cart rides & decorating, & lots of playing.

The evening of the 4th there was a neighborhood golf cart decorating contest and parade. Nathan came up with the plan for how to decorate Paw-Paw and Dee's golf cart and we helped him put the plan into action. He loves any kind of project and this was right up his alley. We didn't win the contest, but we sure had fun decorating our golf cart.

Paw-Paw and Dee rode on the golf cart with all the grand kids for the parade.
We take eating ice cream very seriously in our family. Abby thinks you even need to wear a helmet or "humut" as she calls it. For some reason she wore this helmet alot over the weekend.Mallory had some good snuggling time with her Uncle Clay. Whenever Marcia would be holding Mallory, Clay would come up to her and make clicking noises. This would cause Mallory to become very shy and bury her head in Marcia's chest. It was so cute!
The morning after the golf cart parade, Nathan started another project. He and Abby took all the decorations off the golf cart and started decorating the front flower beds.
Dee found this Disney Princess plastic mat at the fabric store for Abby. It has no specific purpose other than Abby just loves the princesses. She loved to just lay around on the princesses.
"Tower of Butter Packets"
This was Sunday after church. Like I said he LOVES projects!

5 comments:

Marcia said...

You got some great pictures! I'm glad we both used our cameras this time.

Jen said...

GREAT pictures! I need some tips on decorating the golf cart :)

TriSara said...

What a great Holdiay! Love the golf cart, that sounds like a fun neighborhood.

Kendra said...

Cute updates! I love Nathan's "project" mind . . he and Tyler would get along great creating things and carrying out their visions. I'll have to tell Donny about the golf camp, too - little Colby would LOVE that!!

Holly said...

I enjoyed catching up on your life! Maybe we will see you guys before summer is over. Tonight Hannah said, "Mommy, do you want to ask Nathan to go to the zoo?" I was not thinking of your Nathan, I was trying to figure out who she was talking about, an adult, someone from school etc. I told her I did not know who she was talking about and she said, "You know, Nathan and Abby. We use to go places with them." I guess we have been gone too long!